mounting a digital camera USB device

Lynn David Newton plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Thu, 17 Oct 2002 18:40:29 -0700

In late August this group had a thread about accessing
digital cameras in which contributors talked about
various methods of accessing the camera from a Linux
system.

I've had a Sony Mavica CD1000, the type that uses 8cm
157MB CD-R disks for a couple of years. I've always
just mounted them as ordinary CDs. I can also attach
the camera to the USB bus and mount it, but have never
even tried it until tonight.

I just did, turned on the camera, sure enough it comes
up and says "PC MODE USB" in the display. I run usbview
and sure enough, up comes a window with an entry that
says MCV-CD1000, which shows all the device data wen I
click on it.

However, what device should I be able to use to mount
this beast??? And what "type" option, i.e.,

mount -t whazzis /dev/whatgoeshere /mnt/point

Thanks much,

--
Lynn David Newton
Phoenix, AZ