RH 7.3 Locking Up - Help!

Gordon Chamberlin plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
16 Oct 2002 09:25:37 -0700

It's been my experience that hard locks are due to hardware failures,
sometimes intermittent -- which are the best kind. Is the network alive
still, e.g., can you ssh in or ping it?

Assuming a hardware failure, and with windows running OK, it would be
hardware used just by linux, which would be your disk drives.  You said
you ran checks on the data partitions but did you check the swap?  Try
creating a new swap partition, switch over to it, and make sure you're
not using the old.

It's a bit of a long shot, but could be the problem.

 -gordon