Email wierdness

Kyle Faber plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Wed, 16 Oct 2002 12:30:34 -0700

>     Normally I use Kmail on my Mandrake 8 system.  But as a test, I
> switched over to Outlook on my Windows 2K box.  I discovered that I had
> neglected to remove my "tv6" Qwest mail account.  I also discovered, to my
> great surprise, that I was receiving mail on that account - those missing
> PLUG messages, and others I should have received, like some auto-responses
> I got for submitting my website's URL to some search engines.  These
> messages appear to be coming through pop.phnx.qwest.net.  How is this
> possible? Could it be that Kmail's configuration is hosed, and Outlook is
> just deceiving me?  I haven't been paying Qwest's ISP fees, and I changed
> my forwarded alias vaughn@nakota-software.com over to Getnet.  So how can
> they come through Qwest's POP?

	I don't know the answer to your main question, but I can offer this
information.  I have had more than 10 customers tell me that up to 12 months
after cancelling and no longer paying Qwest, they continue to have the
address work (most of them had said they would just leave the qwest account
in their mail client until it started generating "you can't log in" errors,
which it never  has)

	So the short answer is, don't give Qwest too much credit when it comes to
account auditing.

Kyle Faber
EMR Internet