Hello all!

Michelle Lowman plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
14 Oct 2002 14:43:01 -0700

http://www.linuxlookup.com/html/guides/visor-jpilot.html

The jpilot rpm is on the Red Hat 7.3 CD, but I used this howto to get
everything running. As I told you at the meeting, it worked for me the
first time I tried it, and that's rare!  Make sure you follow the
directions very carefully, and let me (and the list!) know if something
doesn't work.

About mount/umount, I have found it easiest to mount them at the command
line, and then they should automatically show up on your desktop. For
example, if you are mounting a floppy, type
# mount /dev/fd0 /mnt/floppy
and it should show up as a floppy icon on your desktop. In your file
manager (Konqueror, probably, if you're using KDE), you'll find it under
/mnt/floppy.

When you are done and want to unmount it, type
# umount /mnt/floppy

When you need to mount a CD, if you just type
# mount /mnt/cdrom
in Red Hat 7.3, that will mount it, and you'll see a CD icon on your
desktop. You can then unmount it with the command
# umount /mnt/cdrom
and it will automatically eject.

-Michelle