Hello all!

Michael Havens plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Sun, 13 Oct 2002 15:01:23 -0700

Safari-hat-man here (for those of you who have seen me at the meetings I have
been too),

	Many thanks to Jim who got me hooked up with you all. Just so I'm sure we are
ALL on the same page I should lead this letter off with a most dreaded
phrase.... I have no idea what I am doing! They made it easy enough to
mount/unmount drives (with the cheater program) but how does one look at  the
directory of said drive? Is there a cheater program for that process? Is
there a way to put a link to the drives on the desktop/homepage?

	Wait A second.... I didn't tell you anything about my system. I run RedHat
7.3 (not eight) with KDE as the GUI. I think I'm running out of memorybecause
with LInux, if too many windows are open in the correct sequence my machine
locks up. I thought Linux was good when it came to memory usage! Oh well; I'm
going to trade a garage technician (a computer backyard mechanic) I know my
win modem for memory. That order I was talking about is the browser and email
and then the dial up. Another strange thing is that until you disconnect from
the WEB and click 'OK' on the following box, the desktop icons will disapear
and not reapear if anything covers them.

Anyway, back to the topic at hAnd. Will one of you nice geeks come over to my
house some time to put Java where it belongs?

Michelle, are you out there? I downloaded JPilot (for my Visor PDA) and I
don't know how to compile it. How do you run the applet it tells you to run
to compile it with and then how do to compile it?

Please, could you tell me how to run Windows and DOS programs and also how to
send a fax. My modem is a fax\modem and I suppose that I just haven't
configured it correctly.

Please,
Whoever can help it would really be appreciated.
Thanks.
Mike

--