ntp was Re: System clock.

Kevin Brown plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Sun, 13 Oct 2002 20:29:16 -0700

Bah.  Should have known this would happen.  Get pointed to the ntp site and
noticed documentation there covering ntpdate.  Finally found out what all the
switches were (since I don't have a man page on my system).

ntpdate -u time.nist.gov
hwclock --systohc

-u forces ntpdate to use a port above 1024 to communicate with the timeserver
(useful since my systems are hidden behind a NAT router.