Increased support for other browsers

Dennis Kibbe plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Sun, 13 Oct 2002 09:45:56 -0700

I run a small mail order company and use UPS for shipping. We manage our UPS
account via their Internet Shipping site for tracking, creating shipping
labels and figuring shipping charges.

Mozilla 1.0 was working fine with the site, but upgrading to 1.1 caused a
"Sorry, your browser is not supported" error mesage when loging in.

I dropped a note to the UPS webmaster saying that I hoped they would support
the newer version of Mozilla (secretly, I was fearing that it was only a
fluke that Mozilla worked at all and I'd have to go back to IE).

The next day I got back a nice reply saying that although IE accounted for
96% of the browsers using the site, there were increasing requests to support
Mozilla and, indeed, UPS planned to do so.

The moral being, your two cents DOES count!

Dennis Kibbe