Alltel website problem

Michelle Lowman plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
11 Oct 2002 13:57:52 -0700

Can anyone confirm that www.alltel.com is inaccessible from Netscape,
Mozilla, and Galeon?  When I try it, it locks up Netscape while loading
the page, and it immediately crashs Mozilla and Galeon.

I can see from the half-loaded page on Netscape that it is "best viewed
with Internet Explorer 5.5," but I guess that really means ONLY viewable
with IE5.5.

I just spend 20 minutes on the phone with Alltel telling them that I
shouldn't have to purchase a new operating system just to use Alltel's
online banking services when I'm already paying for an Alltel account.

First they tried to tell me it was my ISP's fault; then, after I was on
hold for 10 minutes, they said it was my fault because I'm using
Netscape 4.78 (if you can get it to work in a newer version, please let
me know!); then they put me on hold for another 15 minutes, came back
and told me I could fill out an online comment form.  Hmmmmmmmm . . .
something wrong with that . . .

Then the guy said he was filling out on online comment for me (how
nice), and I should get a response back in a few days.  I'll keep you
posted.