Broadband in Scottsdale?

Steven plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Fri, 11 Oct 2002 06:39:12 -0700

Just from my past experience...

DSL:

ADSL is in limited areas and you can get a block of static IPs (my old
apartment), however there has been a push by the telco to offer VDSL, which
they do not give out static IPs (my new house in Scottsdale).

Cable:

Cox personal service does not give you a static IP and does block ports from
outside their network from coming in, however, within the Cox network they
do not block ports from one Cox node to another.

Cox does offer 1 static IP with there business service, which is about $70
per month last time I checked, for 256k both directions, shared.

Have you thought about ISDN?

Take care,
-Steve