tcpwrappers

Mike Starke plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Thu, 10 Oct 2002 21:19:34 -0500

Years ago, I seem to recall that the only services
under control of hosts.allow & hosts.deny were those
under inetd (/etc/inetd.conf).

I just spent the past hour trying to figure out why I couldn't
connect to my new ldap server from a remote site; come to find
out all I needed was a simple entry in /etc/hosts.allow Being that
slapd runs as a deamon, I stared at my slapd.conf file and couldn't
find any reason why a connection was denied.

Simple question: How does one know when a service is under
tcpwrappers? Apache & Bind are not, what should have made
me think slapd was?

v/r
Mike