RH 8.0 CDs

Thu, 10 Oct 2002 11:32:52 -0700 (MST)

Am 10. Oct, 2002 schwätzte foodog so:

> Michael, one thing that's helped me a *lot* with downloading RH releases
> is using ncftp instead of a browser.  If/when it gacks in mid-download
> you can resume where you left off.  I've found that the .edu mirrors are

Yes. Anytime you d/l something big, please use something with this feature.
I believe one of the GUI d/l managers does resumptions ( I think it's the
GNOME d/l manager, but KDE's probably does as well, anyone know for sure? ).

What about wget and curl?

Not only does this save the mirrors bandwidth, but it saves you time and
effort.

ciao,

der.hans
--
#  https://www.LuftHans.com/    http://www.TOLISGroup.com/
#  When I work, I work hard. When I play, I play hard.