MS2LINUX - Current Linux desktop admins

Bill Warner plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
10 Oct 2002 10:44:21 -0700

Is there anyone currently on the list that are using Linux in a
corporate environment on desktops other than sysadmin desktops?

I think it might be kinda nice to either base a meeting on corporate
desktop Linux or make a SIG meeting with that in mind.  I would like to
be able to discuss many of the things that are coming up in this thread
in more detail.

Things that I would like to go over some more:

   Centralized authentication (LDAP,NIS,SMB,etc...)
   scalable Home directory shares (NFS,SMB,CODA,) and administration
   scalable calendering applications
   usability of wine for backward compatibility
   ltsp scalability
   other things that the list and I can come up with

if nothing else lets discuss these things in this thread.
--
Bill Warner
Unix/Linux Admin.

Company required stuff:

Contents are Direct Alliance Corporation Confidential

This message is for the designated recipient(s) only and contains
Direct Alliance Corporation privileged and confidential information.
If you have received it in error, please notify the sender immediately
and delete the original. Any other use of this email is prohibited.
A computer without a Microsoft operating system is like a dog without
bricks tied to its head.