RH 8.0 CDs

foodog plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Thu, 10 Oct 2002 01:17:08 -0700

Michael, one thing that's helped me a *lot* with downloading RH releases
is using ncftp instead of a browser.  If/when it gacks in mid-download
you can resume where you left off.  I've found that the .edu mirrors are
usually pretty good after the initial flurry of downloading is over (a
week or two).

For future reference:  When a new release is announced on Linuxtoday.com
there are invariably lists of mirrors posted in the talkbacks during the
first day of availability, that's where I usually get mine.  It might
also be worthwhile checking p2p networks such as Gnutella / Limewire.
HTH,
Steve