MS2LINUX - Authentication basics

Tue, 8 Oct 2002 21:29:49 -0700 (MST)

Am 08. Oct, 2002 schwätzte Ted Gould so:

> I'm a fan of LDAP, but one thing about NIS is that it's got penetration

That's going away.

> into the market.  If you install Solaris, Irix, or AIX (some of the more
> 'traditional' unicies) you'll find they all have NIS.  I have no clue
> what the LDAP support in those is like.  I think Solaris uses PAM now,
> but I don't know about the others...

NIS is depricated/EOL in Solaris and will not be in the next release. Sun
has moved to LDAP. AIX is also supposed to be LDAP. That's where the
industry is going.

ciao,

der.hans
--
#  https://www.LuftHans.com/    http://www.TOLISGroup.com/
#  Knowledge is useless unless it's shared. - der.hans