bitkeeper license probs

sm plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Tue, 8 Oct 2002 11:36:52 -0700 (PDT)

On Mon, 7 Oct 2002, der.hans wrote:

> If you're using BitKeeper, make sure you're in compliance with their
> license.

I always kind of saw Linus's decision to use BitKeeper as an open
challenge to the OSS/FSF community to develop something that was a GPL (or
better yet, BSD) friendly alternative to BitKeeper that wasn't CVS.

I use CVS quite a bit, and many times I spend just as much time
administering to CVS than I do actually doing any development.  Some
people see SourceForge/Savannah as that replacement, but it's still a bit
clunky, methinks.

Anyway, I'm actually kind of suprised it took them this long to find this
problem.  Figured they'd notice these things right away.

-Sam