Redhat boot disk-solved

Bob Holtzman plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Sun, 6 Oct 2002 16:35:54 -0700 (MST)

On Sun, 6 Oct 2002, Darrell Shandrow wrote:

> Hi Bob,
>
> Well, actually, you should also be able to make your own boot disk from a
> DOS/Windows system.  Just get the appropriate boot image from RedHat or
> another credible source, download and install the RawWrite program, then
> write a boot disk to a floppy as needed.

Problem solved. The boot disk I created when I installed RH7.3 turned out
to be blank! Not knowing this led to a number of false assumptions and
conclusions on my part. I tried a disk from my old RH7.1 install and it
worked like a charm.

The "create boot disk" in the system programs menu of RH7.3 still yields a
blank disk. I've tried formatting the disk in both a vfat and an ext2 but
no luck. Has anyone done this successfully?

Thanks for the reply. I'll tell the virgin she can go home now.

--
Bob Holtzman
"All work and no play makes jack