Setting network card speed

Wed, 2 Oct 2002 11:36:50 -0700 (MST)

Am 02. Oct, 2002 schwätzte Simper, Brian D so:

> How do you change the speed on a network card in Linux?  I am trying to
> connect a Linux server to a network and I am pretty sure that it's
> connectivity problems are due to an auto sensing card being plugged into a
> 100/Full port on the router.  Does anyone know how to change the speed and
> force it to 100/Full?

Use the mii-diag. If it doesn't work there are some pciutils as well.
pciutils, nictools-pci and nictools-nopci are the package names in debian.

ciao,

der.hans
--
#  https://www.LuftHans.com/    http://www.TOLISGroup.com/
#  Help Jerry Lewis stamp out M$...oops that's MDA - der.hans