GPL Infectiousness

Robert Bushman plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Tue, 1 Oct 2002 05:47:20 -0700 (MST)

On 30 Sep 2002, Derek Neighbors wrote:

> The irony is that proprietary vendors use their advantages to restrict
> freedom, GPL vendors use their advantages to enfore freedom.

Indeed - clearly the GPL is doing good with its
infection.  Isn't that the way immunizations work?
You get a small dose of the virus, which is
mildly damaging in the short run, but makes you
stronger in the long run.

"We're on the threshold of a whole new system. The time where
accountants decide what music people hear is coming to an
end. Accountants may be good at numbers, but they have terrible taste
in music. I don't know how I'm going to get paid, but I'd rather go
out into the brave new world than live with dinosaurs that are far too
big for their boots." - Keith Richards - Rolling Stones Guitarist