Mandrake 9 install foul-up

Mon, 30 Sep 2002 20:25:58 -0700 (MST)

Am 29. Sep, 2002 schwätzte Mark Berkwitt so:

> Everything was installed and I was at the point where I define my mouse. I
> have a MS Intelli-mouse on ps/2 so I selected a ps/2 wheel mouse. As soon as
> I did that it went nuts, cursor jumpin all around, system froze. I had to
> push the reset on the box.
> Now, how do I return to that point again so I don't have to reinstall?

You reinstalled, but for the future it's easy to change in
/etc/X11/XF86config-4. Don't know if every dist has the '-4' on the end of
that filename.

In the "InputDevice" section there's an option to choose the "Protocol".
"PS/2" is for a normal ps2 mouse and "ImPS/2" is for a ps2 scroll mouse. In
this case it shouldn't matter, though. A ps2 scroll mouse will work in ps2
mode, but the scroll won't work. A ps2 mouse in ps2 scroll mouse mode won't
scroll because there's no wheel. Otherwise they should work fine.

ciao,

der.hans
--
#  https://www.LuftHans.com/    http://www.TOLISGroup.com/
#  ... make it clear I support "Free Software" and not "Open Source",