Redhat 8

Craig White plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
30 Sep 2002 18:48:18 -0700

On Mon, 2002-09-30 at 17:49, yarddog wrote:

> http://www.osnews.com/story.php?news_id=1842&page=all
>
> Disappointing.
-----
Not at all

I'm not gonna be an apologist for redhat but all of her gripes related
to / involved the closed source stuff that RedHat has steadfastly
refused to distribute or support...

nVidia graphics cards
Flash
Java
Acrobat Reader
MP3 code

her other gripes related to xfree86 which is something we live with as
there aren't any other choices. I mean come on now...how many of us have
a 24" Sony monitor running at 1920 x 1200 at 90Hz (or 73Hz)?

She raves about the responsiveness and their implementation of GCC-3.2
and how much better it performs and I'm encouraged.

Craig