whois

Bill Jonas plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Fri, 29 Nov 2002 14:41:36 -0700

--VvnGyWaJ9JuxX38U

On Tue, Nov 26, 2002 at 12:16:24PM -0700, Gary Nichols wrote:
> For example, I could have "MICROSOFT.COM.IS.DUMB.LINUXFORCE.ORG" in my=20
> linuxforce.org domain file.

Right, but that doesn't explain why it's showing up in the whois output.

You're close.  You have to create a record of the server in the whois
database in order for it to show up.  Most common way to do this would
be to give the desired name to one of the name servers for a domain you
have and then change to using that name for your name server via your
domain broker.

--=20
"They that can give up  essential  liberty to obtain a little temporary
safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."        -- Benjamin Franklin

--VvnGyWaJ9JuxX38U

--VvnGyWaJ9JuxX38U--