MultipassC5500

Michael Havens plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Thu, 28 Nov 2002 10:18:49 -0700

	They say that the bjc600 driver works for my printer so I found the source
code and was going to compile it(I learned how). So I opened emacs, copied
the text from the web page
(http://www.linuxprinting.org/ppd-o-matic.cgi?driver=bjc600&printer=101952&.submit=Generate+PPD+file),
and paste into emacs. <BEEP> What in the wold? It wouldn't do it! Undaunted,
I tried kword and thought to myself that all I needed to do was paste it into
there and then transfer it from there into emacs (long shot but when you're
desperate you do strange things). <BEEP> Then I discovered that paste is
Cntrl-y in emacs (in their own world that is ) but it still wouldn't paste.
Then I saw C-x, i; insert file. So I copied it into kword, saved that
document, and ran C-x, i (insert file). It imported it but it was unreadable.
Now I'm thinking that I need to save it as an ASCII file but I soon discover
that kword doesn't do that. AbiWord probably does but I am encountering the
same problem I am with emacs. It won't paste in.

So I am now asking you wise people.

How does one paste text into emacs?
:-( Mike )-:

GOD! This is frustrating!  Voltage Spike, should I worry about this before you
put mandrake on? I mean, if I am able to compile this driver it will still be
there after you help me out. Right?