ALSA installation problems (for Vaughn Treude)

Vaughn Treude plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Thu, 28 Nov 2002 06:54:35 -0500

Vadim,
	I was having this problem on a Sony notebook running RH 7.1.  I decided to
try upgrading to 7.3, and that fixed the problem.  Sorry, I suppose that's
not much help.  I'm still having some sound problems on an older notebook
running Debian.  One of these days I'll get around to looking at it again,
and I'll let you know what I find out.
	It's always tricky installing downloaded libraries, because the dependencies
are not always clear.  Sometimes it helps to do a Google search on the names
of some of the unresolved symbols (sometimes you have to specify "Linux" as
well) and that will sometimes lead you to the additional libraries you're
missing.  Our it could be a problem with the versions of some of your
libraries being too old -- or even too new.

Vaughn