Building on Knoppix

D Uhlman plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Mon, 25 Nov 2002 15:48:28 -0700

You can mount ISOs as loopback devices as stated previously,
additionally the hands down best method for testing is vmware as it can
pretend a .iso is the cdrom drive and automatically boot from it, no
burn and test, burn and test.

You can't really edit a mounted iso (ro file system) but you can use the
mounted folder as a root for mkisofs. Works like a charm I used it to
build the 50KM cds at the time.

I am very interested in this too, for other reasons than plug, so we
might be able to have some crossover here.

Sincerely,
David Uhlman
CTO 50km Inc.