License Question

Kevin Brown plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Sun, 24 Nov 2002 21:12:34 -0700

MySQL does a variation on this.  They have the code available under the GPL, but
will, for a fee, license it to you in a closed source license if you wanted.
This would allow a company to use MySQL as their db of choice without risking
having to release their program under the GPL for using and linking to a
modified MySQL.