Adding a application to run as a daemons

Jon Monts plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Fri, 22 Nov 2002 09:25:58 -0700

I guess I should clarify this just a bit. I would like to have the
application startup with the system and also be able stop and start the app.
~jon

Apps that run as daemon should be able to force themselves into the
background.
  Snort uses a command-line flag (-D).  Other apps can be forced by using
the &
at the end.

e.g.
mozilla &