Holy Crap ! Part 2..

Steven M. Klass plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Fri, 22 Nov 2002 07:38:55 +0000

Alright I have to share this one with you all..

I am a workaholic into work at 6, done at 5ish..  Every day.  Finally a m=
uch=20
needed break is on the horizon - I have next week off.  So today on the e=
ve=20
of my vacation, I figured I'd go in late.  So I sit down and am trolling =
the=20
plug-threads when out of the blue my main linux box shuts off and on. Huh=
? =20
It's backed-up by a UPS and the whole nine yards.  It's got xfs so I'm no=
t=20
worried, and I swtich screen to see whats up.  Then guess what??

The friggin thing starts a fire!!  I have flames and smoke coming from my=
=20
power supply..  Holy shit! I hit the power.. ..nothing.  Pulled the plug,=
 ahh=20
that worked..  The verdict, my power supply cap started spewing goo all o=
ver=20
the metal enclosure, which caused a short, which caused cap to overheat, =
and=20
pow flames..  Picture a scene from CSI..

The real story here is I am NEVER home..  This was a one in million shot =
that=20
I was actually home..  This is unbelievable!

Later, I have to go buy a power supply..

--=20

 Steven M. Klass
 Physical Design Manager

 National Semiconductor Corp