[PLUG] linuxfromscratch needs a home (fwd)

D Uhlman plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Tue, 19 Nov 2002 17:58:11 -0700

I would say most certainly so, LFS is a definitive resource for
understanding linux and distributions. I would say to a large degree
linux from scratch is how I ended up in the linux business. They have
stayed fairly current with todays trends and offer a lot of information
about how linux works from a very fundamental level. I wouldn't be
surprised if a lot of the people who started many of todays linux
distributions didn't check out linux from scratch at least once for help.

Though a literal T1 is 1000$ (at full retail) LFS really needs about 1TB
a month in traffic which works out to about 300$-400$ per month for
those already in the industry with colospace. I would expect to that
usage could be reduced some with careful mirroring/caching/etc.

As I stated previously I could donate up to about 300GB a month if
people are interested in pooling a solution.

Sincerely,
David Uhlman
CTO 50km Inc.