JPilot

Michael Havens plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Tue, 19 Nov 2002 15:05:40 -0700

Voltage Spike,

On another list I'm on some one said:

I'm having the same problem, I know what the answer is sort of. You have to
create a sym link from /dev/usbtty? to /dev/pilot to get started. I did it
before a couple of months ago but having a memory like a goldfish can't seem
to replicate it now. Anyone else?

Sounds easy enough to do. I looked in my handy-dandy Running Linux and saw
that i just type the command ln -s <program> and it gives me a symbolic link.
Where do I do it from though?

That was a good question that I figured was answered with the words, going to
where I want the link to point.

I then went to /dev/pilot. Guess what I discovered? There is no /dev/pilot .
There is a dev/usb. In /dev/usb there is no usbtty. There is ttyusb0 -
ttyusb15 in /dev/usb which are 0 bytes in length and they are located in /dev
at 0 bytes in length also..

I'm lost in my own thoughts again.
Pray tell,
Where shall I go from here?