Updated ARTS, sound is now hosed

Mon, 18 Nov 2002 11:51:00 -0700 (MST)

Am 18. Nov, 2002 schw=E4tzte Lee Einer so:

> I updated ARTS this AM as I visited Mandrake's update site and they had
> it flagged to update due to security reasons. Since that time, I have no
> sound. XMMS returns no errors, it shows that it is playing, but no
> sound. Ditto with KDEMixer. I tried restarting X, rebooting, modprobe
> es1371 (my soundcard's driver) with no luck. How should I go about
> troubleshooting and fixing this?

Have you started a mixer and turned sound on/up? Some things seem to reset
defaults to off.

ciao,

der.hans
--=20
#  https://www.LuftHans.com/    http://www.TOLISGroup.com/
#  "Communications without intelligence is noise;
#  Intelligence without communications is irrelevant."
#  Gen. Alfred. M. Gray, USMC