Clark Connect

Devin Rankin plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Fri, 15 Nov 2002 08:54:49 -0700

------=_NextPart_000_01B7_01C28C84.A787C5E0

I'm a semi-literate Linux user and I have been a lurker here for a =
while. =20

While looking for info on setting up a web server, I found this site.

http://www.clarkconnect.org/info/index.html

This is a mini-distro based on Red Hat 7.2 (I think) that sets up a web =
server, firewall, mail server, router,  and DHCP.  It has a fairly easy =
install program that walks you through the install and rough set up of =
all the stuff.  It also has a HTTP interface for managing fine tuning =
the box, so there is no need to keep a monitor hooked up to the server =
box.  You can even manage it from a Windows computer.

The package is free and there are a couple of ways to download it and =
set it up.  The company seems to make its money selling network security =
management.

This seems like a great little package for my needs.  But I'm not even =
close to being a real guru in Linux and I'd like to know what some =
others think.  Anyone ever used this before?

Thanks. =20

Devin

------=_NextPart_000_01B7_01C28C84.A787C5E0

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS">I'm a semi-literate Linux user and I =
have been a=20
lurker here for a while.&nbsp; </FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS">While looking for info on setting up a =
web=20
server, I found this site.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS"><A=20
href=3D"http://www.clarkconnect.org/info/index.html">http://www.clarkconn=
ect.org/info/index.html</A></FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS">This is a mini-distro based on Red Hat =
7.2 (I=20
think) that sets up a web server, firewall, mail server, router,&nbsp; =
and=20
DHCP.&nbsp; It has a fairly easy install program that walks you through =
the=20
install and rough set up of all the stuff.&nbsp; It also has a HTTP =
interface=20
for managing fine tuning the box, so there is no need to keep a monitor =
hooked=20
up to the server box.&nbsp; You can even manage it from a Windows=20
computer.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS">The package is free and there are a =
couple of=20
ways to download it and set it up.&nbsp; The company seems to make its =
money=20
selling network security management.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS">This seems like a great little package =
for my=20
needs.&nbsp; But I'm not even close to being&nbsp;a real guru in Linux =
and I'd=20
like to know what some others think.&nbsp; Anyone ever used this=20
before?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS">Thanks.&nbsp; </FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS">Devin</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_01B7_01C28C84.A787C5E0--