Redhat 8.0 on a Dell Inspiron 8200

David A. Sinck plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Fri, 15 Nov 2002 09:01:55 -0700

\_ SMTP quoth Dr. G on 11/15/2002 08:51 as having spake thusly:
\_
\_ I recently dual booted RH 8 on my laptop, but it keeps giving me errors when
\_ starting xwindows.
\_
\_ I was reading some documentation that RH (nor namdrake) are able to properly
\_ recognize the Nvidia Geforce4 60 64MB video chip..Is this something anyone
\_ has heard of before?

The device id information probably hasn't crept into the relevant
kernel config/setup files.

\_ I can, of course, download the drivers off Nvidia's
\_ site, except I am not 100% certain how to do this.

They have a faq and stuff; it's not terribly hard unless you're doing
odd things with the kernel and glibc, and even then, it's only a
matter of being dedicated.

David