Listserv, news server and IRC somewhat OT

David Mandala plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
15 Nov 2002 08:27:50 -0700

Use mailman as the mail list program, easy to install and setup. It can
not only handle the maillist but also handles archiving it on the web
automatically. It can easily handle open or private lists.

As to a news server that is harder. I've never set one up so can't help
you there too much. I know it does require a lot of drive space if it is
loaded with people, if only lightly loaded it may be OK on an old small
machine.

--
David IS Mandala
gpg fingerprint 8932 E7EF CCF5 1B8C 1B5C  A92E C678 795E 45B2 D952