Listserv, news server and IRC somewhat OT

Ted Gould plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
15 Nov 2002 08:27:28 -0700

--=-XO4B+f31Ne+2graEth/k

Some ideas:

- I like the EZMLM/Qmail solution better than the Majordomo/Sendmail
solution.  EZMLM has alot of nice utilities that make doing things to
the list very easy.  Qmail seems to be a more secure MTA than Sendmail,
I am for anything that has less stuff SUID root...  Those are available
at http://cr.yp.to/

- For the chatting you might look at setting up a Jabber server.  I
think that this has several things that are better than IRC.  It
supports SSL based connections, so that conversations are reasonably
secure.  It has clients for almost every platform on earth.  It can do
instant messaging as well.  It can use LDAP for authentication (less
passwords).  Then again, I think everyone should set up a Jabber server
:)

- I've never done anything with news (sorry).

		Good luck,
			Ted

--=-XO4B+f31Ne+2graEth/k

--=-XO4B+f31Ne+2graEth/k--