checking install

Thu, 14 Nov 2002 16:00:20 -0700 (MST)

moin, moin,

another vendor's restore mechanism appears to have changed perms on several
binaries to 777. Not a good thing.

Opportunity, however, to learn how to verify and fix an install.

debsums will check to see if file contents have changed. Well, the md5sum is
still the same as only the perms have changed.

There are more tools I'm not finding. I don't see anything in the man pages
for dpkg or apt-get. There might not be a tool to just check perms. I
remember a couple of years ago when someone wanted to start logging what
perms should be.

Anyone know of a beast that'll check perms for debian?

ciao,

der.hans
--
#  https://www.LuftHans.com/    http://www.TOLISGroup.com/
#  Practice socially consious hedonism. Do whatever you want,