LindowsOS

Mark R. Myers plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Thu, 14 Nov 2002 13:13:10 -0500

I must say that I have never been as impressed with an operating systems
as I am with LindowsOS. I decided to splurge and buy the OS for $99 and
with it, 2 years of Insider status. I am so glad that I did. It has all
of the things that I was looking for in Linux, plus.
The programs are easier to install/uninstall than Windows. The OS itself
is rock-solid, based upon Debian 3.
I originally bought it with the thought of putting it on my spare
computer. I not only did that, but with the family license, I was able
to install it on all of my computers--that includes StarOffice 6. I now
have it on my spare computer, my laptop, and dual booting on my main
computer (my wife is not one to easily change, so I have XP with
OfficeXP on the smaller partition for her).
I had thought about buying my in-laws, who are computer illiterate, a PC
for Christmas so that they could do e-mail (though I might just buy them
one of those Internet appliances that only do e-mail). Before, I would
never have considered Linux as the OS of choice for this computer. But
Lindows is SO user-friendly that I think that it would make an awesome
choice for them.
True, it does not come with all of the server software, but for a
desktop OS, I think it is the best one to date.
Of course, that's just my opinion--then again, I could be wrong.