VNC

Gordon Chamberlin plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
13 Nov 2002 08:56:32 -0700

The file ~/.vnc/xstartup contains commands that are executed once Xnvc.
I believe the default is to start an xterm and run twm.

The other machine must be querying for XDM hosts.  The way I do this is
on the command line to vncserver:
vncserver -depth 8 -geometry 1400x1050 -query machiavelli

and then I comment out everything in the .vnc/xstartup file.

 -Gordon