more ICQ woes

Kyle Faber plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Tue, 12 Nov 2002 17:41:42 -0700

> So I'll ask this question once again: Does anyone
> within this esteemed group of wizards know of an ICQ
> client for Linux that actually works?

Under Redhat 8.0 I used the default instant messenger that it gave me, Ga=
im. =20
Gaim allows you to use AIM and ICQ right from the box, though it doesn't =
seem=20
to advertise it (don't know why).  The main screen looks exactly like AIM=
,=20
but if you click the accounts button, and add a new account, then you can=
=20
input your ICQ # as your screen name and your ICQ alias as your Alias.  Y=
ou=20
can then send a recieve ICQ messages seemlessly (I forget now which of my=
=20
contacts are AIM and ICQ)

I see that you are getting very frustrated Lynn.  If you would like some =
step=20
by step on how I got mine up, give me a call, I am in the office usually =
M-F=20
8-5

Kyle Faber
EMR Internet.com