dual nic use

DarthLinux plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Sun, 10 Nov 2002 15:26:46 -0700

been trying to get 2 nics on my linux box to talk to each other..
long story short- i have a machine <tibook> with gigabit internal
capability, and recently installed a netgear  gigabit nic.
after upgrading the kernel, it is recognized and more or less set up.

as my primary network storage device, i want to have the high speed
link to it from the laptop, but while i can see the linuxbox thru the
high speed network, i cant see the rest of the world-

i am getting ip resolution for the 10/100 nic as its my nameserver- so
when i ping the world, it returns an ip address- but is not returning
any packets..

any suggestions..?