Line commands aren't working.

Matt Alexander plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Thu, 7 Nov 2002 16:31:55 -0800 (PST)

As a regular user, your $PATH doesn't contain /sbin, which is where those
programs are found.  When you use "su", you gain root abilities, but you
still have your old $PATH.  If you instead use "su -" then you'll get
root's $PATH.  You could also modify your $HOME/.bash_profile and add
/sbin to the PATH.  Then to reload the .bash_profile, type:
source .bash_profile
~M