Wardriving

Matt Alexander plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Thu, 7 Nov 2002 12:37:51 -0800 (PST)

On Thu, 7 Nov 2002, Bill Nash wrote:

> On Thu, 7 Nov 2002, Matt Alexander wrote:
>
> > Well, there was this case:
> > http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/55/26397.html
>
> 	In which the defendant identified AND demonstrated access to a
> wireless network he was not authorized to use. Personally, I think that
> whole case was a travesty of justice, considering that he was doing them a
> favor.

I would just like people listening on this list to be careful if they're
going to participate in war driving, for whatever reasons they have to be
doing so.  There are a lot of technologically ignorant people out there
and they tend to overreact when they find out someone has access to their
network, whether or not anything was actually done.
~M