Big (> 137GB) Drive Support

David Mandala plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
07 Nov 2002 00:02:53 -0700

The BIOS just hung as long as the drive was turned on. Once I set the
BIOS to no drive in the slow the machine booted.

As to the age of the machine it's not too old, it's an ATX MB dual proc
PII 400 MHz. I bought it new when the PII 400's were release. (Paid
through the nose as I recall.) AMI BIOS if I recall, I've not rebooted
the system in a while so I don't remember the exact age or BIOS
revision. I'd guess around 1998 but I  really don't remember. Also it
can not handle a 512M stick of RAM either.