Question for all you mutt users

Tony Wasson plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Tue, 5 Nov 2002 15:49:34 -0700

> Okay i switched from sylpheed to mutt because text looks pretty :) I am
> having some problems though, Its not marking new emails as new, making
> it really hard to tell when i have new mail :) If anyone knows what
> setting i need to change to fix this i would appreciate it :) I read
> through the mutt manual and found the mark_old setting but i set it and
> its still not working. Even though its supossed to be set by default.

I am not a mutt guru....
You are correct --  mark_old is set by default. Once you enter mutt your new
mail is marked as N. If you exit without reading all your new mail, it will
be marked O. To get around this try unsetting mark_old.
Are you saying you NEVER see a new mail with 'N' next to it? Are you
accessing your mail off the local spool or via POP/IMAP?

Tony Wasson