A+ Prep - was Potential PLUG Presentation?

Ted Gould plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
04 Nov 2002 09:06:12 -0700

--=-KjhRzIQX6WZFOmrtP1vO

Okay,

Let me try and summarize. (flame as necessary :)

The students are people who are getting a basic certification that
covers the basics of hardware and software, even though most of the OS
stuff is MS based.  They probably know as much about Linux as they've
heard in the media, nothing hard core.  There are probably a few people
in the class who have installed Linux and believe they are experts :)

What to cover?

	- Introduction to what Linux is
	- Explain what 'free' software is
	- Talk about the Kernel - X - Desktop relationship
	- Explain what kernel modules are
	- Linuxconf?  Something like that?
	- CUPS?  LPD?  Perhaps.
	- Perhaps a table of this is the app you use in Windows, here are some
that do the same thing in Linux.  (I would love to put prices on that
table too :)
	- Hopefully lots of questions/some answers :)

Who wants to do this?  I'm willing to help out, I think this is an
important part of advocacy.  I believe that Hans was saying that he
would like do it.  Anyone else?

		Have fun,
			Ted

--=-KjhRzIQX6WZFOmrtP1vO