Printing issues, probably missing fonts

Ted Gould plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
03 Nov 2002 10:49:38 -0700

--=-ra6VllLMn81NvWy3TFjp

> I am trying to get my Epson stylus photo 820 working in linux, I am
> using cups, Slackware 8.1,  I think my problem is missing fonts, where
> and how would I find these missing fonts?  unfortunately cups log files
> dont give me any hints as to what font to look for :P

I don't know about the Espon 820 exactly, but alot of those printers
just take basically bitmaps.  CUPS then uses ghostscript to render the
document into a bitmap, and throw it to the printer.  So in theory, if
it is a problem with fonts, you should see the same problem by looking
at the file in ghostview (I use GNOME ghostview which is ggv, but I'm
sure there are others).  I don't know how to install ghostscript fonts,
but I know that they are a different set than the X fonts.  You could
probably find info on this on the web though.

		Good luck,
			Ted

--=-ra6VllLMn81NvWy3TFjp

--=-ra6VllLMn81NvWy3TFjp--