Apple Airport and Orinoco AP

Craig White plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
01 Nov 2002 23:22:29 -0700

On Fri, 2002-11-01 at 22:44, Kevin Brown wrote:

> Yep, that was one of the things I tried.  Unfortunatly it still doesn't join the
> network.  The AP doesn't show the MAC address of the Airport coming up.  Also my
> key isn't 13 chars long, but it is 128-bit WEP.  Could this be a problem?
----
one other thought - Apple is rude - they don't imprint the MAC on the
card itself (nor does Linksys) but most of the other ones I have seen
(wireless NIC's) do have the MAC on the cards.

I think that you might be able to 'arp' from a terminal window or get
the MAC address from some syslog (my hd died a week ago and I haven't
had the time to put OSX back on the new HD) to get the MAC address and
then enter that into the table on the wireless base station.

Craig