quick sendmail question

Bill Warner plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
31 May 2002 14:58:26 -0700

hmm, I have that setup correctly.  I think it may actually be, we
are sending mail from a linux box with sendmail through our corprate
email server for delivory and it is nt mail.  I think it may be the one
adding the host name back to the message but that is not my box.

Thanks for the help though I'm not to good with sendmail yet

Bill W

On Fri, 2002-05-31 at 11:15, Jay wrote:

> You need to add the rule:
>
> CwDOMAIN
>
> ...where "DOMAIN" is your domain name. For example, on my kinetic.org
> mailserver (hostname = fw.kinetic.org), the rule is Cwkinetic.org.
>
> On my Debian boxes, you can set that in /etc/mail/sendmail.mc (which
> then
> needs to be parsed through m4 to create sendmail.cf.
>
> ~Jay
>

> On 31 May 2002, Bill Warner wrote:
>
> > skimed through the bat book and help docs but unable to find something
> > that should be pretty easy:
> >
> > How to make email send as:
> > user@domain.com
> >
> > rather than
> > user@server.domain.com
> >
> > Seems like something that should be real easy but I can't seem to find
> > it anywhere.
> >
> > Thanks for any help.
> >

> --
> ~Jay

Bill Warner
Unix/Linux Admin.
Direct Alliance Corporation

Company required stuff:

Contents are Direct Alliance Corporation Confidential

This message is for the designated recipient(s) only and contains
Direct Alliance Corporation privileged and confidential information.
If you have received it in error, please notify the sender immediately
and delete the original. Any other use of this email is prohibited.