InstallFest / Distribution Advice

plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Fri, 31 May 2002 11:19:20 -0400

I think this is a very good idea but it won't happen this time around I think.  I have been getting the sponsors for the Install Fest and many of the vendors that I have approached are very cautious about just providing a few give-aways or even wanting to be a part of it.  One guy even said to come to him next time with hard numbers of attendance and then he will see.  These guys tend to be so hard into M$ that they don't see a market place outside of that world.

If we have a good turn out and get some good PR coverage (Where are the brochures and the final press release?), we could probably get some real vendors to setup booths, etc. next time around.

I haven't given up or played all the cards on this yet, so we will see.

Alan