InstallFest / Distribution Advice

John (EBo) David plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Fri, 31 May 2002 07:42:32 -0700

William Lindley wrote:

> On Fri, 31 May 2002, Derek Neighbors wrote:
> > (side note to organizers): Is there anyway we can bring monitors and
> > cables (at least a few) so folks need not drag the world with them, but
> > rather just a tower?
>
> I'll bring an old 14" monitor.  Anyone else care to bring one or two?
>
> The problem is that we can only get Xwindows running at *very* low
> resolutions and scan rates unless we know what their monitor is exactly.
> And X at 640x480 is kind of a bummer.

I just had an obnoxious idea (and one that might get me hollered at) We
could ask one or more of the local businesses to bring some stock so
people can take a look at new terminals, keyboards, etc. and purchase
what is wanted/needed on the spot.

(and to take thing to the eXtreem ;-) we could also invite a M$ rep to
try to sell us on XP 8-0  Just kidding...

  really 8-)

   < hearing the kuchunk of guns loading amunition... > Run AWAY...

 EBo --