[NPO]United Linux

Tom Achtenberg plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Thu, 30 May 2002 21:16:06 -0700

Sounds like the SuSE influence.  You can't download their ISO's either.  And
TurboLinux only lets you download one version old.  ie they have out ver
7.0 they let you download ver 6.5.  At least Red Hat lets you download the
current ISO's.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Derek Neighbors" <derek@gnue.org>
To: <npo@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us>
Cc: <farli@unitywave.com>; <plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us>
Sent: Thursday, May 30, 2002 7:05 PM
Subject: Re: [NPO]United Linux

> Ok, the skinny is out - its directed at businesses and enterprises.
> So how long before we get a copy of it and get to know the guts of it
> so we can start marketing it to businesses and enterprises?

Official copies are slated for Q4, but alpha copies as early as Q2/Q3.
However, please note you will not be able to download ISO's or binaries
of this product.  The source code will be available but you will have to
'build' the product.

Honestly, its a Ransom Love brain child move and supporting this is
probably a BAD thing if you value your freedom in any way shape or form.
 Read this will likely not be a COMMUNITY friendly venture (see Corel
Linux as an example)  We really should not be promoting it to anyone
until they show their true colors.

-Derek

---